Please call with any questions or concerns you may have after the treatment - In order for treatment to be successful and effective with minimal potential adverse effects as possible, you must follow the aftercare routine as indicated below.
Post Treatment Instructions:
Post treatment the skin will be reddened, possibly a little ‘puffy’ and you may be aware of a little tenderness. You will also experience skin tightness and the skin may also ‘flake’ in the first few days. Do not pick at any flaking skin it should be left to shed naturally.
- Do use the remaining HG lift that your practitioner will have given to you and the day after treatment use the Rescue product to calm and soothe.
- Do Keep out of the sun on the day of treatment and for the following 24 hours also.
- Do use sunscreen factor 50 and keep out of direct sunlight to maximise long term results.
- Do put a clean pillowcase on your bed and have clean towels.
- Don’t touch the skin unnecessarily immediately post treatment this will be important to avoid any post treatment infection.
- Don’t apply makeup for 24 hours post treatment.
- Don’t use harsh perfumed, astringent, AHA or alcohol containing products in the area for 24-48 hours post treatment.
- Don’t go swimming or in chlorinated water for 4-5 days post treatment
- Don’t engage in any heavy exercise sessions for 24-48 hours after treatment.
- Don’t have any other clinical treatments for 1-4 weeks post treatment. Speak to your practitioner for exact advise on how best to combine other treatments you may be having or may want to start having.
- Don’t shave or use any after-shave type products over the area that has been treated for 12-48 hours post treatment.
- Don’t allow any pets to lick the area that has been treated, or small children to touch your face as this is likely to lead to major infection.
What are the side effects and downtime
The total healing time depends on each individual. Most clients have some slight swelling and redness/pinkness (like a mild to moderate sunburn) for two to four days following the microneedling procedure. Some people may heal completely in 24 hours.
Your therapist may apply Skinfuse RESCUE Calming Complex immediately post procedure to soothe your skin and reduce inflammation. RESCUE was formulated by Crown Aesthetics as part of the Skinfuse post procedure protocol, specifically to calm the skin following the SkinPen microneedling procedure. Most people can return to their normal activities and conceal any side effects with makeup just one day after their SkinPen procedure.